Sunday, October 4, 2009

Naked Notes 1: Welcome and background

Welcome! A quick introduction, I'm fairly new to the EVE universe; I first tried the 2 week trial back in November of 08 when a friend was also trying it out, and while I found the game quite interesting it didn't get its hooks into me deep enough. So when my friend decided not to join, I too left in order to explore the mines of Moria :) Having now made it to level 60 in LOTRO (I am the definition of casual player) I decided to give EVE another go and this time something clicked. Indulging in several of the blogs and podcasts has helped whet my appetite for the game as well as my desire to give back by posting my experience of the game as a noob who has done a little homework :) I'm finishing up my first week for this go around.

My MMO history has included about 6 months in UO, EQ from just after launch up to when GoD came out, a few months in EQ2/AO/DAOC/WoW, and currently LOTRO from launch. I've always loved the Elites, the Star Controls, MOOs, SMAC, StarFlight, and other space games, so it's about time that this game gets a fair try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment