Saturday, October 24, 2009

Naked Notes 10: Curriculum

Operations maps, learning how to use Evemon, reading pages and pages of sticky threads and forum posts; so much to learn for the corp...  I think this may be a large reason why EVE is so intriguing to me; it gives me the fresh eyed wonder feeling that nothing has given me since my ancient Everquest days... It is so different from all the other MMOs I've played that it gives me that excitement rush of the new I had back in EQ when I didn't know what the hell was going on and couldn't tell the difference between a PC and a NPC (true story: the NPCs back then didn't have a merchant or vendor tag on them, only a name floating over their head just like the PCs... So I thought all the folks standing around inside of the inns and taverns were PC toons that were "asleep" after their player logged out... :) Took me a week to learn how to buy and sell stuff... ah, those were the days... )

Plus, who doesn't want to play with little toy spaceships?

No comments:

Post a Comment