Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Squoze Out

This is taking forever.

FTL communications, but undocking still has a queue. Amazing the amount of traffic in a hub system; pod forbid, what must Jita be like? I'll definitely have to find an out of the way, dead end system with only a single gate and soon. Scanning around with my cameras I see haulers, miners, frigates, the occasional cruiser, and more than a few other Navitas and Velators making their slow way through the wide channel. Those two ships infest school systems in the Federation like pirates in a roid belt. How many of these ships have pods, I wonder... 1%, maybe 2? It's so easy inside this egg to forget why standard ships are so slow and unresponsive and make docking so much more difficult than it needs to be.

Why can't they let capsuleers have their own docking tube... yeah, that would certainly quell the complaints and accusations of capsuleers feeling elite and privileged. Can't be the first one to ever have that idea.

Out and a quick peel up and to starboard...along with about a third of the line with the same directions. No wonder they call it Squeeze Out. But I'm finally outside.




"Ship, what are local conditions?" "We are clear to depart, Captain. Standard local traffic." No threats in the immediate area on overview. What else would I expect to see in a 1.0 sec system? Any red popping up this close to the station and under Concord guns would have to be a war fleet or insane or both; either way we'd all be well and truly screwed.

"Ship, pull up journal entry on Agent Mission." "Aye, Captain. If it will help, you may call me Aur--" "STOP!" My brain shouts out the command; I feel I can almost feel the pod echo with the force. "That name will not be mentioned on board any ship i am in command of. Understood?"

"Understood, Captain. Entry on screen."

I almost believe I can hear hurt in her voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment